I’m Daniel — Poet, Writer, and Tech Tinkerer
What do poetry and technology have in common? They both sound like gibberish to anyone on the outside.
But poetry and technology don’t have to be gibberish; they can each be elegant and powerful tools and companions for every-day life. As someone on the border of technology and the humanities I am passionate about making both technology and poetry more accessible.
This site is a Digital Garden, meaning that it is an organic space that is meant to be explored as I work and tend it.
- 2020 Book RecommendationsRecommendations from books I read and liked in 2020.
- How I wrote in 2020The tools I used to write in 2020.
- The Best Context Aware Link is You!We are in a modern renaissance of hypertext thinking, but the lynchpin is not bi-directional linking, it's you.
- How I used Twitter as a CMSHow I built a website that uses the Twitter API to fetch data from tweets I liked to create a grid of colors.
- Create a Basic Svelte SiteA short guide to creating a simple Svelte site with animations and transitions.
- Hypertext WritingEvery medium has its strengths. There are considerable strengths inherent to a digital, web-based, way of thinking -- first and foremost is the sheer amount of interactivity and connections you can make.
- Art Doesn't Have to be ViralThe promise of the internet is one of instant fame, and if you play your cards right, fortune that can literally take you to the stars, but is that really art's purpose?